The Task Force
Takoma Junction Task Force Report Priorities: March 5, 2012 City Council agenda item
- October 25, 2010 minutes
- November 9, 2010 minutes
- November 17, 2010 minutes
- December 8, 2010 minutes
- December 22, 2010 minutes
- Tuesday, January 11, 2011 minutes
- Scott Whipple, Montgomery County Historic Preservation, (committee of the whole) Thursday, January 20, 2011 minutes
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011 (canceled due to inclement weather)
- Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011
- Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Cedric Ward, SHA (subcommittee B), Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- Tuesday, April 26, 2011
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Thursday, May 26, 2011
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- Cedric Ward, SHA (subcommittee B), Friday, June 17, 2011
- Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Thursday, June 30, 2011
- Tuesday, July 12, 2011
- Thursday, July 28, 2011 (no quorum)
- Tuesday, August 4, 2011
- Development meeting (subcommittee), Tuesday, August 17, 2011
- Wednesday, August 18, 2011
- Traffic/roadway meeting (subcommittee), Tuesday, August 24, 2011
- Tuesday, August 30, 2011
- Community outreach meeting: Thursday, September 8, 2011
- Wednesday, September 14, 2011
- Presentation to the city council, Monday, September 19, 2011
- Tuesday, September 27, 2011
- Report subcommittee, Tuesday, October 11, 2011
- Thursday, October 20, 2011
- Wednesday, December 7, 2011
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Meetings take place at 7:30 pm at the Takoma Park Community Center unless otherwise announced.
- City of Takoma Park
- Task Force update to the Takoma Park City Council, January 31, 2011.
- Resolution establishing the task force, July 12, 2010.
- Resolutions appointing members, September 27, 2010 and October 25, 2010.
An informal Takoma Junction working group met to discuss junction revitalization. The following are meeting notes and final recommendations.
- Recommendations to the Takoma Park City Council, April 20, 2010
- April 20, 2010 meeting
- March 17, 2010 meeting
- February 17, 2010 meeting
- January 13, 2010 meeting
- December 15, 2009 meeting
- Takoma Park Master Plan
- Maryland Dept. of the Environment, Voluntary Cleanup Program facts for 7300-7308 Carroll Avenue
- State Highway Administration, Takoma Junction Intersection Feasability Study (Kittleson report), 2007,
- Report, 2005 State Highway Administration workshops on pedestrian safety of sites including Takoma Junction.
- Summary of findings, summer 2003 Dan Burden assessment of walking conditions in Takoma Park.
- City Lot at Takoma Junction Was Once Trash Dump, Patch, August 20, 2011.
- Takoma Park Would Require Requests For Proposals for Use of the City Lot, Patch, June 8, 2011.
- Junction Task Force Member Who Proposed Roundabout Disputes State Official’s Opinion, Patch, May 2, 2011.
- Junction Roundabout Not Likely, Says SHA Official, Patch, April 27, 2011.
- Junction Task Force Taps Environmental Task Force for Guidance, Patch, March 11, 2011.
- Junction Task Force Seeks Computer Simulation of Splitter-Island Roundabout, Patch, March 7, 2011.
- 'Out-Of-Date' Junction Traffic Signals Stalls Retiming Proposal, Patch, February 24, 2011.
- Takoma Junction Task Force Holds First Public Outreach Meeting, Patch, February 23, 2011.
- Takoma Junction Task Force Schedules Public Outreach Meeting at TPSS Co-op, Patch, February 13, 2011.
- Junction Task Force to Seek Traffic Signal Adjustment on a Trial Basis, Patch, February 9, 2011.
- Definitive Ownership of 410 Might Never be Established, Patch, January 12, 2011.
- Takoma Junction Task Force to Address Consultant Selection Letter at Tuesday’s Meeting, Patch, January 11, 2011.
- First Steps Taken for Expansion of Co-op, Patch, January 3, 2011.
- Week in Review: Takoma Junction Seeks Clarification on 410, Patch, December 26, 2010.
- Takoma Park Junction Task Force Seeks Clarity on State Lawmakers' Letter on 410, Patch, December 22, 2010.
- Takoma Junction Task Force: Change Will Come, Patch, October 26, 2010.
- Council Preview: Takoma Junction Task Force, Patch, October 25, 2010.
Images of Takoma Junction
Takoma Junction Vision Statement
Takoma Junction, predominantly located in the Takoma Park Historic District, is a small commercial district in the heart of a residential community, with historically significant resources and a vital fire station, that should...
- encourage motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists to slow down, park, relax, and shop, while functioning adequately as a link within the local road and transit networks,
- encourage sustainable commercial opportunities and provide convenience to local consumers,
- serve as a cultural meeting-point for old and young in a diverse community, and
- blend harmoniously with adjacent residential neighborhoods,
- all in a forward-thinking, attractive, and environmentally sensitive way.
(rev. December 8, 2010)